Houses and properties for sale in Ruddington, Nottingham
Houses or Properties for Sale in Ruddington
Browse properties and houses for sale in Ruddington on UK’s most innovative property portal PropWay. We have countless listings in the tranquil village of Ruddington. Houses for sale in the tranquil village of Ruddington which has a real community spirit and a historical background
Rest assured when looking to move to Ruddington you can be sure to receive a warm welcome from the neighborhood.
This lovely quaint village is steeped in history and is situated only 5 miles south of Nottingham with easy access to the A52 and the M1.
Here is our guide on what makes Ruddington so special as a place to live.
The properties in the village vary and therefore cater to all lifestyles and budgets. You can expect to see on sale 1-2 bed flats, terraces, townhouses, 3-4 bed semi-detached properties, and 3-4-bedroom detached houses.
Attractions in Ruddington Village
Not many villages can boast that they have three museums, but at Ruddington, they can make that claim as its home to the following: -
- The Village Museum will take you back to the late Victorian/early Edwardian times in Ruddington. It has exhibits of what an old-fashioned schoolroom, fish and chip shop, pharmacy, cobbler, and toy shop looked like during those times.
- The Framework Knitter Museum explores the life and working conditions of a framework knitter which was the main source of employment in Ruddington back in the 1800s.
- The Great Central Railway Nottingham (previously called the Nottingham Transport Heritage Centre) - If you’re a fan of steam trains then you’re in for a real treat as you can travel 10 miles down the heritage railway from Ruddington to East Leake and Loughborough.
To the south of the village is Rushcliffe County Park which is a popular place to go for a walk around the lake and a picnic with the family. Children can also enjoy the playground in the open parkland and for teenagers, there is the Skatepark.
Schools and further education
For parents that are looking to buy a house in Ruddington, it’s good to consider the schools in the surrounding area.
Within the village, there is the Hermitage Preschool, the James Peacock Infant and Nursery School, and finally the St Peter’s CofE junior school. Outside of the village, the Rushcliffe secondary school is within the catchment area that accepts pupils that live in Ruddington.
The University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University are both within an easy traveling distance for those that are looking to further their education.
There are several pubs in the village including the Ruddington Arms and the Victoria Tavern to name a few where you can go for a pint, a meal, and a catch up with the locals. With plenty of pubs in the village, there is sure to be one close to your home where you can walk back at the end of an evening.
Ruddington also has the following amenities:-
- A Co-operative and Sainsbury’s local stores for convenience purchases
- The Old Bakehouse Tearoom and several other cafes
- A selection of restaurants (Italian and Indian)
- Fish & Chip Shops
- The Ruddington Medical Centre
- Ruddington Vets
- Beauty Salons
- The Cottage Hotel
As you can see this attractive village in Nottinghamshire has something for everyone and is a great place to live for a family or couple. So why not explore the properties for sale in Ruddington today. We’re here to advise you on what terraces, semi-detached, and detached properties are currently on the market in Ruddington.
For further information please contact the Propway team on 0115 888 2900.