WHO WE ARE?
We, Propway Limited ("Propway", "we", "us", "our"), are a property search platform. For more information about Propway, please visit our website - https://propway.co.uk (the “Website”).
We, collect and use certain personal information about you when you visit our website, create an account on our portal or make an enquiry. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK GDPR and Data Protection Action 2018.
What personal data do we collect and process, and how do we use it?
Information collected by us
When you interact with us, particularly when you use the website, you may provide us with personal information about you, including:
- information which you provide to us, including:
- your name and address;
- your mobile number and email address;
- any photographs that you add to your profile;
- the content of any messages that you send us; and
- your social media accounts username.
- information which we collect from your device, including:
- the type of device you are using and the way in which it is configured;
- the IP address of your device; and
- your activity when using the platform and website, including events you sign up for, promotions or discounts you redeem.
- we also obtain personal information from other sources, such as:
- estate agents who advertise on our platform, and who may add images, videos and virtual tours and asking prices of properties; and
- From public records sales history and sold prices, property addresses, property locations and property descriptions.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on a number of grounds to process your personal information. Each one of these ‘grounds’ are referred to in the GDPR as a ‘lawful basis’ upon which we collect and use your personal data.
Our lawful basis for each type of processing is as follows:
What do we collect?
What is our lawful basis?
Identity Data - this includes your title, first name and surname.
Contact Data - this includes your email address and any other contact details you may choose to provide to us to create an account or to send a speculative enquiry regarding a property.
If you contact us with general customer service queries or to inform us of technical problems with our service.
Comments, reviews and feedback about our services.
Our legitimate interest to promote Propway.
Location Data - the approximate location which is entered/collected when you use the platform.
Usage Data - we may process data regarding your use of the platform, including platform download and deletion, average time spent in the platform, any problems reported, what is accessed on the platform.
We may also collect your IP address, IMEI number, device type, and number and frequency of logins, MAC address of the your device's wireless network interface, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting, the browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
We may also collect products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and general page interactions and your use of our platform.
Property Data – We may receive property data from you, as well as estate agents or other third parties. This data could include:
Our contract with you to process your enquiries and connect you with the most appropriate properties.
Who we share your personal information with
By using our platform, we may need to disclose your personal data to selected third parties, such as estate agents, software companies and service providers. We share your personal data with these companies so that we can provide our service to you, to help with the proper functioning of our platform, and to analyse and understand your usage of our services, so we can make improvements. and to contact you via email.
We may also need to share your personal data with our professional advisers if this is necessary for, for example, obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice or
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
If you would like any more information about the third parties we share your data with, please contact
us at - [email protected]
Transfers of your personal data
We may transfer your personal data outside of the EU (or the UK to the extent the UK is no longer part of the EU), except to selected third parties that we have instructed to help us provide the platform to you, and such third parties may process and store your personal data in any one of their geographically distributed data centres as part of its cloud platform.
In the case of transfers of your personal data outside of the EU (or the UK to the extent the UK is no longer part of the EU), where the transfers are not to countries that provide an adequate level of protection we will put in place appropriate safeguards to cover transfers of your personal data which may include, for example, signing standard contractual clauses/data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
We will retain your personal details for a period of two years from your last login. Your personal information will then be deleted unless we have a legal, financial or regulatory obligation to retain the data, in which case your personal data will be retained for a total period of six years from last login.
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- email us at [email protected], and include the following information:
- please let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details),
- please let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- please let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the newsletter at any time. Please allow 28 days for the change in your subscription status to take effect.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identifies your browser or device. Some of our third party service providers (see section 2 above) may place third party cookies on your device that are necessary in order to help with the proper functioning of the platform, such as storing and remembering your log-in details and automatically reporting any bugs or other issues with the platform. For information about the cookies that we use on the website, please read our Cookies Policy
How to contact us