The original idea for Watts & Co was born in 2009 around a very simple idea "Offer both tenants and landlords a letting agency that values customer service above all else and offers a customer experience not available with any other letting agency"
The original business that preceded Watts & Co was founded by Sam Watterson who at the time was a part time landlord with a small portfolio of properties and couldn't find a letting agent that offered a service that fulfilled his needs. His first buy to let property was self-let before even the agent he'd instructed had taken a set of photographs.
3 years and several properties later his realization was that renting properties was not black and white and all the lettings’ professionals in Leeds were either tagged on the back off an estate agency, only dealt with one type of tenancy or were restricted to one geographical area.
With a degree in Business IT from the then Leeds Metropolitan University, he also identified the increasing role the internet was having in lettings. With the wider use of high speed internet, Wi-Fi technology and the emergence of smart phones he knew there were opportunities to do things differently, be better and offer a more flexible service for landlord like him.
The business has continued to evolve and now Watts & Co are a full Turnkey property company offering the following services:
- Residential and Investment Property Sales
- Residential and Investment Deal Sourcing
- Renovations and Property Developments
- Lettings, Property Management and Block Management
Watts & Co specialise in dealing with build to rent developments, commercial to residential conversions and also offer consultation to developers on rental demand, area demographics and suitable styles for potential developments.
Identifying an opportunity to offer a one agent solution to serious investors and developers building portfolios across a larger geographical area, we now extend our lettings service from our office in Leeds to Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax in West Yorkshire, across to Hull and down to Doncaster with a view to going as far down as Nottingham and across to Liverpool.
The property sales side of the business sells property anywhere in West Yorkshire and the Sourcing team get deals throughout the UK.
We are also continually building our network of investors and open to joint ventures and totally hands off investment opportunities.
Watts & Co is a service led business and believes in building long term relationships with clients that can benefit from our interlinking services at different points in their property journey.
The following founding principles remain the backbone of the business today:
- Answer the phone like your life depends on it, reply to emails quickly and be available;
- Take good quality photographs at all times;
- Advertise properties quickly where possible;
- Use mobile phones to improve communication;
- Arrange viewings outside of office hours;
- A viewing should be completed no more than 48 hours after it's arranged;
- Return all missed calls and respond to all enquiries;
- Offer a one agent solution to clients so they can satisfy all their requirements in one place.